PORTSMOUTH PARK AND RIDE
Portmouth's Park and Ride scheme, which opened in April 2014, is run by Portsmouth City Council and has easy access directly from the
M275 motorway, with buses running straight into the heart of the city centre.
The Park and Ride service operates from the brand new Tipner Interchange, just follow the signs from the motorway, and costs just £4 per vehicle for parking all day, including bus transfers.
You can download printable maps for the Park and Ride service in .pdf format here.
PARK AND RIDE SERVICE
Buses leave the park and ride site every 12 minutes during peak times and drop off at stops in the heart of the city.
Outbound - travelling away from the Park and Ride terminal at Tipner, buses stop at the following locations:
- Portsmouth Park and Ride terminal, Tipner.
- Portsmouth International Port, for cross channel ferries and cruise ships.
- Charles Dickens, a short walk from here to the Dickens Birthplace Museum.
- City Centre, for shopping areas, Commercial Road and Cascades.
- The Hard Interchange, a short walk for Gunwharf Quays, Spinnaker Tower and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
The service runs 7 days a week, with buses leaving the Tipner Interchange site between:
Monday - Friday: 7.00 am - 7.18 pm
Saturdays: 8.00 am - 6.48 pm
Sundays: 9.00 am - 6.00 pm
Buses return from The Hard Interchange back to the Park and Ride site between:
Monday - Friday: 7.15 am - 7.34 pm (site closes at 8.30pm)
Saturdays: 8.15 am - 7.06 pm (site closes at 8.00pm)
Sundays and Public Holidays: 9.14 am - 6.16 pm (site closes at 7.00pm)
* Overnight parking is not allowed. The car park closes 30 minutes after the last bus gets back. You should call 023 9282 4244 for assistance in case of a problem.
HOW IT WORKS
- Park in a marked bay at the Park and Ride site.
- Buy a ticket from a machine.
- Display the top half of the ticket clearly in your windscreen.
- Show bottom half of the ticket to your bus driver.
GETTING TO PORTSMOUTH PARK AND RIDE
Access to the Park and Ride site is directly from the M275 motorway just follow the Park and Ride signs. You can access the site in either direction, south bound or north bound, it couldn't be easier.