PORT SOLENT SHOPPING
The shops and restaurants of Port Solent are located around
the marina facility, providing great views of the boats and all of the marina activity.
The marina has 452 berths and one of the largest locks in Europe measuring 42m long and 12.5m wide providing 24 hour access to the tidal waters of Portsmouth harbour, with it's direct access into The Solent.
There is also a multiplex cinema at Port Solent, The Odeon, which has 6 screens with digital sound system.
Port Solent was developed on reclaimed land at the top of Portsmouth Harbour with the marina being opened in April 1988, the first boat to enter the new marina was Lively Lady sailed by Sir Alex Rose the round the world sailor.
PORT SOLENT SHOPS AND BUSINESSES:
- Bookends - Books and greetings cards
- Bow Wows at No 7, a boutique doggie shop stocking products ranging from collars to coats and doggie treats
- Cotton Traders, quality casual clothing for men and women
- Cycle Surgery, (inside Snow and Rock) a wide selection of bikes, clothing, accessories and a full workshop
- David Lloyd Health Club
- Lindy Lou's, Italian leather handbags, leather goods, patterned scarves, hand knitted scarves, hats and gloves
- Nauticalia offers a mix of traditional nautical replicas, modern boating accessories, clothing and gifts
- Odeon Cinema Port Solent - Filmline: 08712 244007
- Pavers Shoes ~ Discounted top branded footwear
- Port Solent Restaurants - full Port Solent restaurant listing.
- Port Solent Yacht Club (PSYC)
- Snow & Rock - extreme sports, outdoor clothing and equipment
- Sweetie Kingdom, sweets from America, the UK, Australia and other parts of the world
To the northern side of the marina is a housing development of some 414 houses, approximately 205 of these have private mooring, as well as the Oyster Quay
apartment development. Oyster Quay is home to 167 luxury apartments in a six / seven story building overlooking the eastern edge of the marina and includes a leisure centre, spa and gym.
The shops and restaurants at Port Solent are located on two levels overlooking the eastern and southern side of the marina providing great views of the boats and all of the marina activities.
There are approximately 73,078 sq.ft of retail premises around the boardwalk, the majority of which are restaurants, bars and retail shops.
The Boardwalk was designed to have a Mediterranean feel and has a covered walkway which allows easy access to stroll around the centre whatever the weather. There are thirteen bars and restaurants around The Boardwalk as well as boutiques, shoe shops, books and gifts.
In addition to The Boardwalk there is a further area adjacent to the main car park, where Snow and Rock have a large store boasting one of the largest ranges of ski, snowboard and outdoor products in Europe.
Located next door is the David Lloyd health and fitness centre with an indoor swimming pool, squash courts, gym, spa, and members club and dining facilities.
At the western end of Port Solent the marine based businesses are based, a fully serviced boat yard, marine engineers and repair facilities, boat sales and a chandlery.
PORT SOLENT - ESSENTIAL INFORMATION:
Port Solent address: Port Solent, Portway, Cosham, Hants, PO6 4TP
Port Solent telephone: 02392 210606 (management team)
Port Solent car parking: large free car park
Marina: 800 berth Premier Marina