MOT CENTRES PORTSMOUTH
- The Ministry of Transport test (MOT) is an annual car safety to check roadworthiness and exhaust emissions.
- The test is obligatory to most vehicles over three years old in the United Kingdom if they are used on public roads.
- There are approximately 19,000 authorised MOT test stations across the country that can carry out your MOT test.
- Authorised MOT centres are identified by the display of the 3 blue triangles MOT logo, they will also display a poster inside the centre showing the maximum charge for an MOT.
ACORN GARAGE & MOT CENTRE
Unit B, 10 Rodney Road, Southsea, PO4 8SY
Tel: 0800 0851927
AR & SC
26-27 Moreland Road, Gosport, PO12 4UU
Tel: 02392 511055
CITY EXHAUSTS AND TYRES
141 Goldsmith Avenue, Southsea, PO4 8QZ
Tel: 02392 838855
COPNOR BRIDGE MOT CENTRE
Copnor Bridge Business Park, Unit 3, 2 Milton Rd, Portsmouth, PO3 6AP
Tel: 02392 731731
DRAYTON MOT CENTRE
192 Havant Road, Drayton, Portsmouth, PO6 2EH
Tel: 02392 214412
DRIVE-IN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS LTD
Durham Street Portsmouth PO1 1NA
Tel: 02392 735000
FASTWAY AUTO CENTRE
196-198 West Street, Fareham, PO16 0HF
Tel: 01329 284353
FAST TRACK GARAGE & MOT CENTRE
Southsea Works, Rodney Road, Southsea, Hants, PO4 8SY
Tel: 02392 655555
G F AUTO SERVICES
7 St Edwards Road, Gosport, PO12 1PN
Tel: 02392 797491
GO AUTOS SERVICE CENTRE
57b Emsworth Road, Portsmouth, PO2 0BS
Tel: 02392 611300
GOSPORT TYRE & EXHAUST CENTRE
Unit 8, Clarence Wharf, Mumby Road, Gosport, PO12 1AJ
Tel: 02392 504555
HILSEA MOT CENTRE
Unit 22 Gunners Bldgs Limberline Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5BJ
Tel: 02392 665400
MILTON MOTOR SERVICES
143 Milton Road, Portsmouth, PO3 6AL
Tel: 02392 838343
1a Victoria Road, Waterlooville, PO7 7ET
Tel: 02392 233238
201-205 Fratton Road, Portsmouth, PO1 5EZ
Tel: 02392 862341
OLIVE GREEN MOTORS
37 Liss Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, PO4 8AP
Tel: 02392 731886
PORTSMOUTH MOT TEST CENTRE
Alchorne Place, Portsmouth, PO3 5QL
Tel: 02392 662475
PURBROOK GARAGE SERVICES
40a London Road, Waterlooville, PO7 5LJ
Tel: 02392 262234
SOUTHSEA MOT TEST CENTRE
34c Exmouth Road, Southsea, PO5 2QL
Tel: 02392 864050
ST FRANCIS MOTOR SERVICES
6 Delamere Road, Southsea, PO4 0JA
Tel: 02392 750257
WARREN MOT TEST CENTRE
Warren Avenue Industrial Estate, Milton, PO4 8PY
Tel: 02392 871117
PREPARING YOUR CAR FOR IT'S MOT
Before submitting your vehicle for its MOT, run through the following checklist to reduce the number of obvious faults that will result in failure of the test.
- Check the windscreen washers, wipers, horn, mirrors, seat belts, fuel and tyres (including pressures) just prior to the test.
- Check that all lights, front, rear, indicators and hazard are working correctly. Replace or repair if broken or faulty.
- Confirm that the number plates and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) plates are clean and legible.
- Check the operation of footbrakes and handbrakes.
- Check that seat belts operate correctly, locking when pulled sharply.
- Check tyres and ensure they are free from damage. Whilst the spare tyre is not part of the test it is advisable to carry a correctly inflated and legal tyre. A tyre depth of 1.6mm is the legal minimum requirement.
- Check the driver's view for damage to the windscreen.
- Listen for any excessive noise from the exhaust pipe, with the engine running, which could indicate an exhaust leak.
- Check under the bonnet to ensure that the brake fluid, windscreen washer fluid and engine oil is topped up correctly.
- Ensure that the fuel cap is secure, mirrors are in good condition, wipers are not damaged or split and locks work.
If there is a problem with any of the above, get the problem rectified prior to the MOT test.