CARPET AND FLOORING PORTSMOUTH
When choosing carpets, you need to consider how much traffic the carpet will have to cope with. For example halls and landings see far more traffic than bedroom areas.
- Carpets made from a combination of 80% wool and 20% man-made fibre, are much more durable and wear resistant, making them more suitable for use in high traffic areas of your house.
- Carpets manufactured from 100% wool, feel soft and more luxurious underfoot, but are more suited to rooms such as bedrooms.
- Twist pile carpets, where the fibres are tightly turned, are more resilient and wear less.
- Loop pile carpets, where the fibres are left uncut to form loops on the surface can be used to create a rustic look.
- Velvet pile feels soft and luxurious underfoot, but should only be used in low traffic rooms.
CARPET AND FLOORING SERVICES IN THE PORTSMOUTH AREA
189 Copnor Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 5BT
Tel: 02392 699440
BC FLOORING LTD
53 Greywell Precinct, Havant, Hampshire,PO9 5AH
Tel: 02392 492888
260 London Road, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 7HG
Tel: 02392 241926
Unit 4 Dock Road (near Asda), Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 1SL
Tel: 02392 529055
2 Sharlands Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 1RD
Tel: 01329 822962
Unit 2 Burrfields Road, Ocean Retail Park, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 5HH
Tel: 023 9267 7961
Unit 4 Wellington Retail Park, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 4QY
Tel: 023 9225 9166
CARPET TRENDS LTD
43 West Street , Havant, Hampshire, PO9 1LA
Tel: 02392 736363
76 Albert Road, Southsea, Hampshire, PO5 2SN
Tel: 02392 734907
CHOOSE CARPETS 2 GO AT HOME
420 London Road, Hampshire, Portsmouth
Tel: 02392 660055
Mob: 07860 966473
DIRECT CARPET CENTRE
22 - 30 Fratton Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 5BX
Tel: 02392 818411
70 High Street, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3AJ
Tel: 02392 611600
IN HOUSE CARPETS
134 - 142 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1ET
Tel: 02392 826938
J S CARPETS LTD
57 Albert Road, Southsea, Hampshire, PO5 2SF
Tel: 02392 750444
LOCKS HEATH CARPETS AND CURTAINS LTD
150 Hunts Pond Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 4PL
Tel: 01489 573340
PORTSMOUTH CARPET SPECIALIST
201-205 New Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 7QU
Tel: 02392 650111
49 Heyshott Road, Southsea, Hampshire, PO4 8BZ
Tel: 02392 827204
SMITH BROS CARPETS
30 Crescent Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 0HG
Tel: 01329 230308
THE CARPET CLEARANCE WAREHOUSE
17 - 23 Fratton Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 5AB
Tel: 02392 872472
Which underlay to choose.
Good quality underlay is important and can extend the life of your carpet. You should try and choose the best quality underlay that your budget
allows, skimping on the underlay can be a mistake in the long run.
Types of underlay include:
- Wool Felt, this is the most common type of carpet underlay used. The disadvantage to wool felt is that it will compact down with use and holds dust.
- Rubber, many people choose rubber carpet underlay, which is available in natural or synthetic, or a combination of the two. This type of carpet underlay is a good choice but choose the best quality possible.
- Felt Rubber, this combination is the best you can buy. This carpet underlay is luxurious and lasts for years. The only real disadvantage is the high cost.